Please view our policies using the links below.
Customer Care Policy
We aim to meet your needs with efficiency, effectiveness, fairness and courtesy by:
- providing a friendly service, showing respect and sensitivity;
- treating you fairly – demonstrating our commitment to equality and diversity;
- recognising and responding to your particular needs;
- dealing with your requests and enquiries accurately, promptly and efficiently;
- respecting your confidentiality;
- offering an explanation if we can’t answer your request /enquiry;
- making effective use of IT services;
- establishing service standards and monitoring our performance;
- continuing to develop our teams’ expertise and skills; and
- welcoming your feedback.
Speech Right has a comprehensive customer and complaint procedure with the involvement of Managers/Directors until the matter is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
If you would like to make any comments, suggestions, raise a query or make a complaint about the service you have received, please contact us using our details below. We will respond to your query within 3 – 5 working days. This policy will be kept up to date, to reflect changes in the nature and size of the business. To ensure this, the policy and its effectiveness will be reviewed annually.
All team members are trained in customer service standards, will exhibit customer friendly service skills and be knowledgeable, professional and courteous in meeting the needs of our customers.
Speech Right will return all phone calls and emails received from clients within 48 hours. Where we are unable to meet this agreement, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and agree a new deadline.
As part of our commitment to upholding professional standards, we will review our policies annually to ensure that they continue to meet the business needs and that they are consistently applied to all our customers.
Speech Right seeks fair, just and prompt solutions when possible to any complaints and appeals. All such issues should be directed to the Director, Emma Tootell in the first instance, where they will be acknowledged.
Access to Information
We comply fully with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation. Any personal or confidential information held by us about a client or a team member is fully accessible to that person or body for review or editing by contacting the Director, Emma Tootell.
Wherever possible, without compromising our legal requirements and professional standards, we strive to reduce the burden of unnecessary paperwork.
How to Contact Us:
Emma Tootell – Director
11 Brightmoor Street
T: 0115 882 0117
Speech Right is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Speech Right reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Website, the Information or these Terms. Speech Right may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. It is important you check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from April 2018. By continuing to use the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms as amended.
What we collect
We may require basic information which identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, email address and phone number, in order to enable you to take advantage of particular services that we offer, for example when you send us a question / request from our “Contact Us” page, request one of our newsletters or further information on a specific department. We will only use such Personal Information for the purposes of providing information which you have requested, or for other purposes set out in these Terms.
We may collect the following information:
- Telephone / mobile number;
- Email address;
- Information pertinent to fulfilling our services on an individual’s or organisation’s behalf.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information for the purpose of:
- Internal record keeping;
- Contacting you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone or post. If you do not wish us to make use of your Personal Information in this way, please email email@example.com. We will also give you the opportunity to opt out of future marketing whenever we send you marketing material. You can also opt out at any time by contacting us.
- Data collected in relation to new enquiries is kept for a period of 6 months and then deleted.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place highly encrypted electronic systems and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site or page. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. Speech Right use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Speech Right does not use cookie technology to collect Personal Information. You may also wish to refer to www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The Internet is a global environment and using the Internet to collect and process data can involve the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of data in this way. However, we will endeavour to protect all Personal Information collected through our Website in accordance with our data protection standards.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. Employees, associates and agents of Speech Right may be given access to any Personal Information which we collect, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. Our employees, associates and agents who have access to your Personal Information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the Website or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about Speech Right and other information related to our industry.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Speech Right, 11 Brightmoor Street, Nottingham, NG1 1FD.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, or have any other data protection related issues or queries, please write to Emma Tootell, Data Controller as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you are concerned that we have breached a privacy law or code binding on us, please send an email marked “Urgent” to Emma Tootell, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond in a reasonable time (normally 24 hours). Our Data Controller will manage your complaint and will give you additional information about how it will be handled.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website www.ico.org.uk.
Speech Right is committed to providing a high-level service to our clients. If you do not receive satisfaction from us we need to hear from you. This will help us to improve our standards.
Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for an immediate response;
- we deal with it promptly, politely and confidentially; and
- we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and review annually our complaints policy and procedures.
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally and dealt with quickly. Our aims are to:
- resolve informal concerns quickly;
- keep matters low-key; and
- enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
If you have a complaint, please contact Emma Tootell, Director.
You can write to the Director at Speech Right, 11 Brightmoor Street, Nottingham, NG1 1FD.
- We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our letter within 5 working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will record your complaint in our Complaints Register within a day of having received it.
- We will acknowledge your reply to our acknowledgment letter and confirm what will happen next. You can expect to receive our acknowledgement letter within 5 working days of your reply.
- We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
- We may ask the member of staff who dealt with you to reply to your complaint within 5 days of our request;
- We will then examine the member of staff’s reply and the information you have provided for us. If necessary we may ask you to speak to them. This will take up to 4 days from receiving their reply;
- Emma Tootell will then invite you to meet to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. Emma Tootell will do this within 5 working days of the end of our investigation.
- Within 2 days of the meeting Emma Tootell will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions as agreed with you.
If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Emma Tootell will send you a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include suggestions for resolving the matter. This will be done within 5 working days of completing our investigation.